Thursday, March 7, 2013

I am a Prepper. Wait, WHAT!?


  • I am always increasing my knowledge and skills in a wide variety of areas.
  • I am a gardener, ever learning new ways to grow and cook my own food. 
  • In case of an emergency, I have a plan for my family. We all know where to meet up and have an extra evacuation place to go to, if needed. 
  • I have stored away supplies around my house in case of an emergency situation. Extras like batteries, first aid kits, toilet paper, candles, matches, food, water and fuel.
  • I have personal protection and the know how to use it. 
  • I have cash on hand in case the bank is closed and we need gas, food or supplies quickly. 
  • I believe in planning ahead. 
  • I believe in being self-reliant or, if you like, self-sufficient.
  • I believe in helping those who are less fortunate.
  • I believe in God and putting to good use His provisions. 


I am a prepper. Yep. You read that correctly. I would call myself a prepper.


  • No, I am not a crazy person. (at least, that's what the voices in my head tell me)  hehehe  : )
  • No, I do not believe that zombies are going to attack us. 
  • Yes, I do believe that there is evil in this world. People, overcome by evil, do bad things and those bad things don't always happen to other evil people. 


In my opinion, we should all be preppers to a certain extent. I mean, look at the meaning of prepare: to put together; to get ready; to work out the details of; to make ready beforehand for some purpose, use or activity. Those are not crazy ideas or thoughts. Those are some pretty basic ideas. And, just because I choose to label myself a prepper, that doesn't mean I am a hoarder by any means or that I am not a philanthropist. I give as I feel I am lead to give and I prepare I as feel I am lead to prepare. So, where ever you are on the media's current sensationalized portrayal of prepping, this is where I am on prepping. Your thoughts?




No comments:

Post a Comment